Mexico City Policy
In this episode, I discuss the Mexico City Policy (aka the ‘global gag rule’) and DJ Trump’s SCOTUS pick, Neil Gorsuch. Here are the links I talked about during the show:
- Life News – Majority of Americans Agree With President Trump’s Decision to Stop International Abortion Funding
- Wikipedia – Mexico City Policy
- Forbes – Dutch Give $10.7M To Fund Women’s Global Health After Trump Imperils It
- Collegiate Times – Trump’s executive order on abortion funding a step too far
- Claim: Abortions are going to happen even if they are illegal.
- Response: if a government has a single function, it is to protect the natural and constitutional rights of its citizens. If it doesn’t do that, what function does it have? Plus, abortion is the destruction of an innocent human child. Why in the world should we have a desire to make that safe?
Trump’s executive order is a good thing for 2 reasons. First, because it shows that we don’t want to fund abortion. Second, because it allows us to keep our money here. I wish it was given back to the people but that’s not going to happen cuz once government has your money, they’re not going to give it back. I do, however, wish this wasn’t an executive order that can be easily overturned by the next president’s executive order.
Trump’s SCOTUS pick: Neil Gorsuch!
- Reason – Trump Nominates Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court
- “On the hot-button issue of abortion, Gorsuch’s judicial record is quiet. But in his 2006 book The Future of Assisted Suicide and Euthanasia, he did seemingly point in an anti-abortion direction, rejecting the case for legalizing assisted suicide on the grounds that “human life is fundamentally and inherently valuable, and the taking of human life by private persons is always wrong.” Gorsuch also rejected the “libertarian case for assisted suicide” because, he argued, “faithful adherence to libertarian theory” would also justify the legalization of “mass suicide pacts…duels, and the sale of one’s life (not to mention the use of now illegal drugs, prostitution, or the sale of one’s organs).”
- FiveThirtyEight – Trump Picks Neil Gorsuch, A Scalia Clone, For The Supreme Court (see image to the right for a look at where Gorsuch stands in relation to other SCOTUS judges)
- Adding extra political nonsense to being pro-life:
- You’re not pro-life unless you agree with all of my unrelated political opinions! – facebook live
- Here’s How Progressives Can Prove They’re Pro-Life Too – TheFetalPosition Blog
- WGRZ – Cuomo: Put abortion rights in NY constitution
- Abortion (like murder) should be an issue handled by the states, individually. I reject the idea that abortion is a “right”, because you cannot have a right that inherently violates someone else’s natural rights. Abortion violates the child’s right to life and forces a doctor to perform a service (and the doctor is not your servant).
- No state should choose to protect abortion.
- I reject crony capitalism like state funds for planned parenthood. If you think money should be taken out of politics, you ought to reject any and all taxpayer funding for corporations, including planned parenthood.