In episode 2 (link to iTunes here), we discuss how to create a productive dialogue on controversial topics; abortion in particular. Tips include how to not be weird, maintaining intellectual integrity, avoiding trolls, and others.
Links & more information from Episode 2:
List of tips:
- Don’t be weird!
- Maintain intellectual integrity
- Know your stuff & your opponents’ stuff
- Don’t be afraid to say “I don’t know”
- Finding common ground
- Listening to understand rather than just waiting for your chance to talk
- Treating everyone like they’re a valuable human being
- Have open-mindedness & being genuinely humble
- Bonus! Know your trolls
A Defense of Abortion by David Boonin (for a possible book study? maybe?)