Thanks for being patient with me over the last month of no episodes. The birth of Cole Thompson has altered my schedule a bit.
To play the podcast in a new window, click here
For this (extra long) episode, we have a double whammy. We discuss the ethical use of cell cultures obtained from aborted fetuses, and a bit about the whole vaccines controversy. Enjoy
Hey everyone! Welcome to episode 5! I would like to deviate from the abortion topic and dive into bioethics in general every 5 episodes. And because this is episode 5, it is the first deviation from abortion specifically. I talk a little bit about embryonic stem cell lines in this episode, and will be talking about that in a future episode. Let me know what you think! Should we genetically engineer our children?
- Original paper: Why You Should Genetically Engineer Your Children (all relevant references are included at the end of the paper)
- Rethinking Aristotle: The Unwarranted Rejection of ‘Final Causation’ in Modern Evolutionary Biology
- Cole’s development: Week 33 (baby center)
- Biotech Company Granted Ethical Permission To Attempt To Use Stem Cells To Reactivate The Brains Of The Dead
- The Stem Cell Epistles by Michael A. Buratovich
- Seat belts & Kidney Markets – My Introduction to Libertarianism