Thanks for joining me for the Fetal Position, episode 3! In this episode, we discuss one of the common pro-life discussion tactics, trotting out the toddler. Trotting out the toddler is when you replace the unborn child with a 2-year-old in the conversation with the goal to move towards the most important question in the discussion: What is the unborn?
Here are the important links that I discuss in this episode:
If you like the show, please remember to leave me a review and a rating, and share the show with someone who you think would enjoy it. Thanks!
In episode 2 (link to iTunes here), we discuss how to create a productive dialogue on controversial topics; abortion in particular. Tips include how to not be weird, maintaining intellectual integrity, avoiding trolls, and others.
Links & more information from Episode 2:
List of tips:
- Don’t be weird!
- Maintain intellectual integrity
- Know your stuff & your opponents’ stuff
- Don’t be afraid to say “I don’t know”
- Finding common ground
- Listening to understand rather than just waiting for your chance to talk
- Treating everyone like they’re a valuable human being
- Have open-mindedness & being genuinely humble
- Bonus! Know your trolls
A Defense of Abortion by David Boonin (for a possible book study? maybe?)