I’ve got something a little different for you today, I hope you like it. Many people are uncomfortable with controversial conversations, and I hope to change that. I want people to be comfortable with controversy so that we can have productive conversations on issues like (but not limited to) abortion.
The three articles I read in this episode:
- The Stupidity of American Political Discourse
- Recognizing Your Own Ignorance & Avoiding Sensationalism
- Here’s How Progressives Can Prove They’re Pro-Life Too
Links to things on the backfire effect:
- The Oatmeal – You’re Not Going to Believe What I’m About to Tell You
- You Are Not So Smart podcast
Announcement! I am working on my first book, tentatively titled “Comfortable With Controversy – How to Talk to Your Friends and Family about Politics and Religion”. If you want to be a part of the group of people who get a free copy of the book before it is released, send me an email at FetalPositionPodcast@gmail.com.
If you enjoyed this or thought it was absolutely terrible, let me know in the comments below, on the facebook page, private facebook group, twitter, or by email (FetalPositionPodcast@gmail.com). Thanks so much for reading/listening!